It's 2 am in the morning and I've just returned from watching Die Hard 4. My head is throbbing as I am suffering from severe lack of sleep but having to wait for hot water to shower, I shall rant and rave about Die Hard 4.
Bruce Willis just does not grow old. Scratch that.
Cosmetics nowadays have reached a whole new era of erasing years off your face and reinstating your once youthful look. Brucie is the perfect example. Demi Moore, eat your hat! He looks great! Way better than silly childish Ashton Kutcher.
But yeah, Die Hard 4.0. Action-packed, fast paced, adrenaline pumping scenes of metal tearing against metal (or human flesh), kungfu fighting... ah, watch it yourself.
I have to say I was or am amazed. Sheer amazement.
Bruce is indestructible. He defies all medical aspects of the human anatomy and proves that we are able to jump off a 200mph car and stand up after, sustain 5 shots into the arm and make it look it was a mere nick in the arm. He also reinvents the laws of physics by showing that you can drive a car up a ram and smash into a helicopter that's like er.. 10 m above the ground? The sky's the limit.
State of the art computer graphics are used (impressive!) and I never knew that the human fingers can move so swiftly across a keyboard. I bet they aren't even hitting the keys they are supposed to hit. Try to bluff the viewers. Lucky I'm smart. On top of that, when u get rammed into by a car traveling at 200 mph (again) u expect yourself to have at least ONE torn ligament or chipped off bone somewhere. But no, no, superwoman Maggie Q can climb up a car and cords and kicks Brucie's nuts. U go girl.
I especially like the way Jason Long's knee is shot, for I can emphatise with him. Being emphatic is way important in medical school. You have to feel sorry and go weepy like for patients, when what you really are thinking is 'Come on, get it!?!?! I haven't got all day!' and at the same time ensuring you are not giving all the details. You must maintain a dark empty question mark over them so they don't go cuckoo and think that their disease (eventho minor stuff like adhesions) will mutate into a monster and eat them up when they're asleep.
But back to Jason and my empathy. So bad guy puts a bullet thru his knee. OUCH, $%&DAMMIT! I tear a blardy ligament and go for a minor op but still am not healed 100% til NOW. You put a bullet thru the poor guy's knee, probably taking off bits of bone and flesh, disrupting his entire blood supply while shooting off his meniscus and ligaments.... he'll need a total knee replacement, dude. And at such a tender age too. Not to mention, his metal knee will need to be replaced once every 10 years, and all the physiotherapy he'll have to go thru...awww... I feel for him.
Lucky it's just a movie.
But the guy who brings the game home is baddie Timothy Olyphant. So yau yeng. So cool. So calm and collected. Especially the way he tells the fighter jet pilot he is authorized to shoot John McClane. And of course John McClane jumps off a truck onto a jet plane and onto a huge slide while the jet explodes behind him as he slides to safety...
Why am I not in movies? I want to do death defying scenes too and prove medical school is just so wrong about the limit of our lives, sorry, bones.
Die Hard 4.0
Posted by Rachel at 9:05 AM
Labels: Bizzare Observations/Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment