I was at my friend's flat today and was in the toilet answering nature's call when this poster jumped out at me from the back of the door.
A bit of background information, my friend has currently just graduated from medical school and is about to launch herself into the 13 hour shifts per day work of a 'doctor'. NHS employed. She had just moved into her new flat, also NHS supplied as a Foundation Year 1 doctor here in Edinburgh.
Being the nice understanding senior that we naturally have in this university, I was invited over to her place to have lunch. "Have lunch" meaning she provides the venue, while I get my own chow. We are a very sweet natured symbiotic species.
But anyway, her toilet.
I am surprised. Surprised at the fact that the NHS (National Health System - of UK) takes care of their new doctors so well, up to the point of sticking a poster in the bathroom regarding how to open your bowels.
Step 1 :Your knee has gotta be higher than your hips.
Step 2: Lean forwards and put your elbows on your knees
Step 3: Bulge out your abdomen and straighten your spine
Step 4: I am now a certified doctor of the United States.
Fabulous. It's incredible how our health system takes care of us. Up to the point of ensuring we have no residual faeces stored in our body. I actually look forward to graduating now.
Perhaps if the NHS could include a poster on the correct way to pee? Or the correct way to fart?
The Correct Position for Opening Your Bowels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This is back to the Chinese or indeed French style.
The Cockroach Catcher
Post a Comment