Working for the NHS

Stuck on the wall of the Obstetrics Triage Room:

I dreamt I met St Peter before the Pearly Gates,
He said, 'I'll check your records, please stand here and wait,'

And then he said 'I'm sorry there must be some mistake,
You should be in the other place, you're not the sort we take.

It seemed that you drank alcohol, smoked and used language blue,
In fact you did everything good folks ain't meant to do.'

He frowned, he sighed, he shook his head as he pondered on my sins,
And then he read some more and smiled, looked up and said 'Come in.'

'You've lived a wicked, wicked life but Heaven's where you'll dwell,
For you've worked in the NHS, so you've served your time in Hell.'

Looks like my entrance into Heaven is guranteed 100%.


*NHS = National Health Service aka Ministry of Health

0 comments: