Yes I did.
Assisted that is.
But i was there nevertheless. Throughout the whole process. The 2nd person (after midwife) to touch the baby's head.
And I had my hand on it the whole time as poor mom pushed and pushed while daddy stood by her the whole time, encouraging, pushing with her.
Every time mummy drew a deep breath in and pushed, so did I subconsciously. I drummed my fingers on the bed, cheering her on inside, excited, very excited, hopping on one foot then the next. It was a few minutes to the finishing line. COME ON!
Then baby slid out all bloody, wet, blue and wrinkly.
She moved her tiny hands, gave a cry and immediately turned pink. Her first musical note ever in this world.
The midwife wiped her down and lifted her to mummy. She immediately cradled on mummy's chest and stopped crying.
Daddy was laughing. Laughter of pure delight at the miraculous form of new life in the arms of mummy. He was shell shocked and still laughing.
Baby Skye opened her round eyes and cowered on mummy's chest. She looked around, experiencing, taking in her surroundings; anxious, worried and frightened.
She was beautiful.
I blinked away tears as I stood fascinated by the sight. By the wonder of it all. By the 23 hours of pain labour had put mummy through - but it was worth it.
Baby Skye was worth it.
I Delivered My 1st Baby Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment