When I was young, all the uncle and aunties in, out and about my life will say to me, 'Every year, you become bigger, but every year, we become older.'
And I will smile smugly and think, hell yeah, I AM approaching my peak you old twats.
But gone is the sweet 16.
Departed the blossoming 18.
Past the milestone 21.
Now I join the crowd and say, 'Darnit I am getting older.'
See all the bling? I am definitely cruising towards tai tai-ship. All I need is a magnificent 10 carat ring to complete the picture.
And all the alcohol I (and my flatmates) received. Add in another bottle of Rose that we polished off that night. Yes, we are all alcoholics.Now as I approach my 23rd birthday, I look back to all my landmark birthdays and think:
Darn, I missed having the fairytale princess sweet 16 birthday bash
Crap, I forgot to snare that rich+handsome guy during my blossoming 18s
Seriously, I failed to make my first million before my milestone 21.
Still, the Heavens have not forsaken me, for:
At 16, I had travelled the globe
At 18, I had achieved the grades I needed to enter university
At 21, I did have my fairytale birthday bash
And at 23...
Life
Rocks.

0 comments:
Post a Comment