Wasting My Life Away

Today.
I got up at 8 am for a 9.30 am class.

And we waited til 9.45 am - no one turned up.

Went to bleep our tutor and she said she forgot. Ok, fine, I mean, I know you are out there saving people's lives and what not... (in actual fact she was on a ward round - a ward round is the time when doctors go around the wards to check on their patients with their whole team) So here said Very Important Tutor asked us to wait til 10 am. Which is perfectly acceptable (since she is doing good for the world and all).

10 am came, a No Show.

But being incredibly understanding medical students, we decided that she is probably intubating that one last poor soul who is close to being braindead due to lack of Oxygen or pushing 3ml of adrenaline into that patient who's heart had just stopped on its own whim and fancy...

But 10.15 am came and still a No Show.

Being the incredibly Knowledgable medical students now, we know that she is Not going to come, Because she just does not want to. I mean, some people cannot handle teaching a group of medical students in fear of finding out that the students knows much much more than them. I so totally understand. But u can still call the ward we are in, where we sit waiting in vain to hear your footsteps and see ur lovely face cos it will bring such light and hope to our lives - you can still Call and let us know you are not coming. There are 100s of telephones littered all over the place, no excuse. Bitch.

And at 10.15 am, there is really no point going home and coming back for a 2 pm class.

So I go to the library to sleep (while managing to appear extremely intelligent with Davidsons Principles and Practice of Medicine in front of me).

2 pm came and went.

And once again, no blardy tutor turned up. People went out to bleep the tutors again, but to no avail.

Should we go?

But we have another tutorial at 2.30pm. Any level headed twit by now would have left the room and never come back.

But being over eager, ambitious and should i say kiasu medical students, we said, 'Ooooh welll, we have another tutorial at 2.30pm. Let's just wait.'

2.30 pm came and went.

That's it. Time to use good old bleeping again. No one answers. I think they are deliberately avoiding us. Like I said, you never want to tutor over smart students.

But as assertive and resourceful medical students, we whip out our new up-to-date mobile phones and attempt to contact our tutors on their mobiles.

And I think we have come to a conclusion that they hate us that much to give us the wrong numbers.

So I came back at only at 4 pm. A good day put to waste. When I can actually be working my way towards 99% in exams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheer up girl, sounds like you've hit rock bottom, and the only direction is up. hehe

Rachel said...

swimming up!!