Milan

The Duomo
Pity though, it rained the whole darned day. We only covered a few spots, the Sforzesco Castle which was a massive red brick building with holes all around it. Next we went off to the fashion street (Via something) and to Milan's Duomo(church) which was probably the highlight of the city. Paid 4 euros to climb up to the top of the Duomo and I have to recommend this to everyone who goes to Milan as the view is absolutely breathtaking. We spent a few happy hours posing/modelling and taking random pictures much to everyone's embarrassment.
Sforzesco Castle
Unfortunately, Darren and I got cheated in Milan in front of the Duomo. 2 men came up to us and almost forcibly put some corn into our hands while whistling for the birds to come. And come they did. I walked off and one of them came up to me asking for 10 euros. I refused and he asked for 5. I refused again, and I finally offered him 3 euros for both Darren and I. However, they swooped down onto Darren next and tried to force him to pay 5 euros too. After much argument, they walked of with 2 euros that he gave. Do NOT in any circumstances allow these idiots to put anything into your hand. In fact, Do Not accept any sort of things at all from anyone in Italy.
and my first gelati of the trip!
Tiramisu FlavourVenice

City of water and canals
A whole orchestra made entirely from glass. and the figurines are TINY
An entire garden made of glass. Glass Museum in Murano
Then made our way back to San Marco which was the main square in Venice. It was once again beautiful but there were tonnes of people shoving, pushing... ergghh... and way, way Too Many Birds. This time around, there were street vendors selling a packet of corn each for 1 euro. Makes me feel like neutering the 2 wankers in Milan.
Ven Gee, Darren and I bombarded with Birds
City of water and canalsTook a 12.50 euro train to Venice. Upon reaching, we bought the 'Rolling Pass', a pass that gave us discounted entries into museums and also half price off the water taxi fares. (only available for 18-26 year olds) After checking in,(the hotel was fantastic!) we headed directly to Murano, famous for its glass blowing and glasswares.
On the water taxi
A whole orchestra made entirely from glass. and the figurines are TINY
An entire garden made of glass. Glass Museum in MuranoThen made our way back to San Marco which was the main square in Venice. It was once again beautiful but there were tonnes of people shoving, pushing... ergghh... and way, way Too Many Birds. This time around, there were street vendors selling a packet of corn each for 1 euro. Makes me feel like neutering the 2 wankers in Milan.
Ven Gee, Darren and I bombarded with BirdsWas at first offered a price of 30 euros per person for the ride. Being the absolute Asian, we tried to bargain to a lower price. No can do. So we walked off. And after a few steps was approached by the next Gondola man. 20 euros says he. No says we. Off again. And another man rushes up. 15 euros says he. 90 for everyone. No. We want 10 euros per person. Alright, and yet another man comes up. Offers 13 euros per person but wants to charge us 80 overall. Er, hello!!13x6=78 and Not 80!! So we walk away and another comes up to offer 80 again.
What's this? As bad as Petaling Street!. In the end, we went to a gondola operator that had their prices printed on the board. It was still 80 bucks overall but I guess we felt less cheated.


San Marco Square
After much map consultation, scratching of heads, back tracking... all which tested our navigating skills to the limit, we arrived and lo and behold! the darned place is closed for renovations. What the........... We are hungry, lost, tired... not to mention our messy hair due to all the thinking.. *flushes Lonely Planet down the toilet again, adding some chlorox this time* So, we settled for this other place called Osteria(meaning seafood in italian) Assassini. Which had ratherOK food only that true to its name, it 'assassinated' us for not only did it Not have seafood, it charged us a #$%ing sum of 30 euros for a plate of grilled Vegetables.
30 euros worth of vege which consisted of carrots, cucumbers, aubergines, potatoes and peas that I can get from Tesco at 30p. Blardyyyyyy.... eating gold - 食金啊???.
In one of the churches that was on an isolated island in Venice. Ven Gee and I intellectually contemplating the ceiling's paintings.
Pistachio and chocolate flavour
Tbc
What's this? As bad as Petaling Street!. In the end, we went to a gondola operator that had their prices printed on the board. It was still 80 bucks overall but I guess we felt less cheated.


San Marco SquareHunger took over and we wondered off into the maze of tiny streets that constitutes Venice to find a restaurant recommended by Lonely Planet called Vino Vino. Our minds were filled with a marvellous seafood dinner complete with lobster meat, oysters, clams, washed down with sparkling wine...
30 euros worth of vege which consisted of carrots, cucumbers, aubergines, potatoes and peas that I can get from Tesco at 30p. Blardyyyyyy.... eating gold - 食金啊???.
In one of the churches that was on an isolated island in Venice. Ven Gee and I intellectually contemplating the ceiling's paintings.my second gelati of the trip!
Pistachio and chocolate flavourTbc




0 comments:
Post a Comment