Lake District

One last trip with Mr YaoHoong before he leaves to Hong Kong; earning big bucks along the way and making his name on to the Forbes 100 Richest list.

Lake District.

We stayed in Ellerbeck Manor which is situated in St Bees...


There.
Next to Whitehaven, 1.5 hours drive from Carlisle railway station.

At the edge of the map with what we were hopeful of... close to the sea.
Or so we thought.

A double bed room apartment but can sleep up to 6 with a sofabed in the living room. The description online says, near to white sandy beaches, with under floor heating, en suite toilets...
Sounds amazing.

Not so, as the double beds in the rooms are more like 1.5 of a single bed, the en suite bathrooms are built in a way that when one showers, the WHOLE damn bathroom becomes wet, and no, we did not utilise the underfloor heating.

The rest of the crew went up 2 days before me as I had to work freaking royal wedding Friday and could only train up that evening itself.

Lonely train trip up to Carlisle.

Carlisle.

That is like the town at the edge of Scotland. I had a friend in university from Carlisle. It is 1 stop away from Glasgow.
That's like.... AGES away from London.

And to Glasgow I almost went to as someone whom shall not be named decided to tell me that I had to taxi all the way to St Bees by myself as the rented car had broken down.

Luckily I am smart enough to sniff out a conspiracy theory especially when it is targeted against me.
Knew I was built of good stuff and I had my transport all ready and waiting for me to board it the minute I stepped out of the train station.

Finally got to Ellerbeck Manor after an eternity of travelling by multiple modes of transport and spent the next few days exploring Lake District.

There was the pebble beach, oh yes.



The Rape Seed fields.


The cycling trip at Windermere and crossing the lake to the other side.


Picnic by the lake

The horses belonging to the owner of Ellerbeck Manor.

They eat Polos straight off your hands


The farm where we attempted to fish, only to spend the whole time trying to untangle the string that jammed the fishing rod, and no fish caught obviously.

Seriuosly fishing

The same farm where we did clay pigeon shooting.
Oh boy, oh boy!
Women with ammo


Boom! Rachel's score: 4/10 clay pigeon hit

And finally, the good food and company that came along with it.


Holidays?
Love them.

0 comments: