I Shed A Tear

I shed a tear for the feeling of loneliness that still surrounds me up til now

I shed a tear for suddenly discovering that I still stand alone here

I shed a tear for the competitiveness of my course that forces us to be wary of one another

I shed a tear for Weakness, like a loose monster blinding and blocking our pathways to each other

I shed a tear thinking about the hearts I can never penetrate

I shed a tear as I see them drive off into the distance, leaving me behind once more

I shed a tear for what is to come, the terrified feeling of the Unknown

I shed a tear for my naivety of thinking that everything and everyone is like me

...

but mostly...

I shed a litre of tears for my foolishness in believing that I had broken through the invisible barrier

I shed a bucket of tears for the cement I lay down for yet another layer of bricks on my already towering wall

and lastly...

I shed an ocean of tears for the massive disappointment that ripped my heart apart, but as sure as winter will turn into spring, I know that the wound will heal and the scar be buried deep within its layers, to be forgotten over time and tide but never losing its bump whenever I run my fingers over it, always present, always there.

0 comments: