So V-Day was over a week ago.
What did i do this V-Day? I didn't spend it alone, firstly. And then again, wish i may, i didn't have a handsome guy ask me out for that candlelight dinner. Nor did i have any flowers Or presents to signify this (i shall say it since i am single) over-rated day.
Instead, I, had 20 dates.
I dated 20 guys. Guys i don't know. Yup, i went speed dating. now now, let me first explain WHY i went speed dating.
No, I wasn't desperate u moron. I was fulfilling my responsibility as a good citizen and ultimately as a medical student. I was helping research along for the betterment of the population and of psychology sciences. I went on a Speed Dating Psychology Test. Pretty exciting, eh?
I've never done speed dating b4 and now with the whole 'psychology' test thingy involved, we were each given a sheet of paper and on it, we not only had to write whether we wanted to meet this guy again but we had to rate how attractive we thought he was and how masculine. On the guys part, they had to rate how attractive they thought the girls were and rate whether they think the girl was interested in them or not. The guys also had this wee microphone attached to a recorder and after every round, they had to read off a sheet of paper while recording their voice: "My name is bla-bla, I was talking to bla-bla and the thing i remember most about her was bla-bla", with the girl still sitting at the table. At the end of the whole thing, the girls had to do a computer programme test where u rated and compared pictures of faces and voices.
Pretty intimidating i tell you.
So, the whistle went and we had 3 minutes each to talk. There were 20 guys altogether and the girls had to move around. 1/2 way thru, it got pretty tiring.. Like someone put it, it was the same conversation with different people.
However, I've gotta say I ticked a few guys whom i thought were pretty interesting. One was a musician who sings and plays in a band but works as an architect(i Think), another a guy from Seville, Spain, the next a really muscular guy who was hilarious (and rather good looking too), and then was someone I really cannot remember and the last, another humorous guy who works as a web techie from his home.
The way speed dating works is if someone ticks u off and u tick him off, then d organiser will email both parties each other email addresses.
Still.
I am more interested in the psychology results.
I mean, who wouldn't be? All in the name of serving the nation.
Valentine's Day 2007
Posted by Rachel at 4:36 AM
Labels: Bizzare Observations/Happenings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment