My 21st...

showed me that I had many friends. Friends who bothered to come, friends who gave up other stuff to be there; that includes taking a whole day off work to get ready*wink wink*. But, I discovered that the best kind of friends were those that gave an immediate YES! on d spot, when i invited them and didn't change their minds afterwards. That gave me a warm feeling deep down, a feeling that gave me a sense of belonging in all their busy lives.

made me realise that some people actually care. Yes, I had a friend come all the way from Malacca. I had a friend who went to Australia and couldn't make it but expressed her deepest regret and still remembered to text me on that day to wish me a fun filled night.

showed in true perception that friendship is valuable and warm, but friendship is also very frail.

gave me my first experience of clubbing in KL. Not that I've not done it before. Just that this time it was legal.. and we opened bottles. I've never tried that before in KL. We went to Loft and I had plenty to drink. This ultimately proves that drinking and dancing is better than just dancing alone. And, drinking from a bottle beats drinking from a cup anyday. Too bad they don't hand out bottles so freely in Edinburgh. Maybe I should start a trend.

but...

my 21st also

showed me that some friendships are cheap. As in literally. As in 30-40 ringgit cheap. dirt cheap. I suppose I'm considered lucky that I realised it with a few mere bucks. It didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

told me that there are actually those who don't care. It is true that it is the thought that counts, but what's the point of the 'thought' when you don't even THINK in the first place?

singled out those that thinks its a chore to come. Those that think they are coming just because I asked them to. Just to give me 'face'. Their lives are alot more important. Well, of course they are! But Come On! If you really can't make it, cos of some bullcrap reason of being busy, tiredness, broken heart, eaten by the dog and what not, I'll accept it if you told me in advance! For heaven sake, don't come if you don't want to. Don't start telling me your sob story and making it like its a terribly big deal to come. It was a big deal to me before but once you start to think that way, it is not anymore.

showed that I can't please everyone. Its hard to be a host.

At the end of the day, I realised and truly value those whom I know really treasure me as their friend. I had a superb night, and I know who were those who really enjoyed themselves and my company and those who actually did not. Like I said, I can't please everyone. I'd like to grow up and tell my grandchildren in future what my grandad tells me - "I graduated from the Community Social University. I know everything about people to people relationships." And my grandad is a great man. Really.

1 comments:

Saphion said...

Hey girl...it's always not easy to organize a big party, but don't let the negative stuff dampen your 21st birthday experience...it's YOUR SPECIAL DAY!!!

PS: Sorry that we were so late and didn't go clubbing with you ;p Eh are you still in KL? Come and watch our Cheer competition la...it's on 28th Sept..