Visiting Greenwich on Halloween

Well, this did not happen exactly on Halloween.
It was 2 days before, but we shall consider it the same.

Since it was a day out and also the fact there was a party that same night AND coupled with Liwan's generosity of giving me a whole box of contacts (those eye enlarging ones) - FREE! I decide that I had to use them; my first ever contacts wearing experience ever.

I had some help of course, namely from the other half instructing me how to balance the perfect ellipse at the tip of my finger and to Keep It There as I angle it towards my eye.... and DON'T BLINK!!!!! being yelled numerous times as I tried push place the lenses.

Managed to accomplish the mission in 10 minutes with only 1 wasted lens.

Behold the  BIG right eye and the smaller left!

Yes, I now have ginormous eyes and look so pretty!!

Definitely 1 step closer to be America's/Britain's/Malaysia's Next Top Model.
Only thing left is to gain that model body.
Now, THAT might be an actualy limiting factor.

I guess it is back to being a doctor until that day arrives.

Both lenses in!

To be honest, I am not very sure that it makes a whole load of difference with the lenses in. I might experiment with coloured ones next time. Anyone would like to hand me some free samples?
The lenses were super comfortable and I could not feel it whatsoever. Acuvue brand I believe.

On with the adventure of the day.

Mr TD decided we should travel in style and we took the Thames Clippers from London Bridge to Greenwich. The plan for the day was to raid Greenwich Market for its delectable culinary delights before wandering off to drink in the sights at Meridien Greenwich.

The first foodie place we came upon was this:

You know how when cheese is added to anything, it immediately tastes better?


O M G.

Have you ever tasted something so good??
Gooey, cheesy, meaty .... dripping with calories and fat...
Intravenous statins stat.

Yes, a bit further away from my modelesque body.

Our attention then shifted to these little fried balls that claimed it was stuffed with rice and a choices of fillings ranging from spinach to bacon.


Dry rice, cheese that tastes like...well, NOT cheese and ...
Just
Do
Not
Buy
It.

Our last food purchase of the day was churros.
Who can ever deny churros? Every time Mr TD and I see someone selling churros, we cannot help but shell out cash to sink our teeth into the Spanish creation of crispy dough coated with cinnamon sugar and dipped with chocolate. (In Spain, churros is eaten for breakfast with hot chocolate - or so I rememberd when I went there ages ago, but in London, it is sold everywhere as street food)

The churros sold at Greenwich market is manned by one guy who had to mix the dough, knead it down, let it rest, roll it up again, put it into the machine to churn out its cyclindrical shape and fry it.He then had to coat them in sugar and fill their centres with either your choice of praline and chocolate, and process the fee with a little cashier's register at the back of the stall.

Well, the dough was all ready made.
But the wait in the queue was so long, it might as well be that he had to prepare everything from scratch.

Filling the middle of it with praline and chocolate. Yum!
The market was full of stalls selling everything from clothes to jewellery to candles.

Took a picture of this pretty stall that was selling rather useless items:

The woman was shocked. Clearly.
And another shot of a beautiful flower shop:


Only to be told that no pictures allowed.
Oops. Sorry.
Bet if I bought something you would allow me to snap a photo right!

We then walked on and came to the National Maritime Museum.

 

After much drinking in of what we can regarding the history of said navy men, we moved onto our final destination which was the Meridien Greenwich.

Only to arrive at 4.01pm and to be told that last entry was at 4pm.

Brilliant.

Grrh.
That means I have to come back at some point in the near future again!

Still, the place gave great views of London.

Canary Wharf in the distance


The walk up the hill

 


Yup, final picture for effect.
Dressed up and all ready to go out as Ms Krueger and Count Dracula.
Happy Halloween!

0 comments: