2 months of being away from my comfort zone and home has taught me that there are alot of weird and wonderful people out there.
Mostly, it has taught me to be more tolerant, and also to accept changes as they come.
Truly, I am not stupid.
I might not be the sharpest, most witty, smartest nor brightest, but I do pride myself in being efficient if I have to and yes, I reiterate that I dislike slow and stupid people to the bone.
Oh, how they irk me.
But now, I have firmly found out that I do indeed hate people who brag (actually I knew this from before, but certain people has brought my hate-ism to a whole new level) - wait, bragging is okay, IF you are true to what you brag - but once I find out that the things that spew out of your mouth is completely bollocks, sorry love, you have officially entered my 'Empty Brains' category.
So the top 5 things I heard over my elective period that is honestly winners for stupidity or plain W.T.F. are:
Winner - No. 1
On watching House the American doctor drama -
A: Eee, why not blood she draw out from her lymph node but that yellow colour fluid?
Me: You only get blood if it's in the vein or artery. You don't usually get anything from anywhere else should you stab a needle into your skin.
X (who is studying nursing but tells everyone that it's medicine): No, you get something called interstitial fluid.
Me: -_-. No. You. Don't.
X: YES, YOU DO.
Me:...
Interstitial fluid, my ass. Shut up NURSE.
No. 2
On being harassed by men during Carnival and J'ouvert -
T (who is a local DJ in T&T): What's your surname?
Me: *???* Hung
T: If someone just does that again, tell them your name is HUNG
Me: Er....
T: Yeah, tell them do you know who you're messing with? It's HUNG.
Me: *WTF?! sweat*
No. 3
B's aunty regarding her new born and her partner (not husband, mind you) -
B: I decided to come off the Pill to give him a surprise.
Surprise! He's still not marrying you lorh.
No. 4
On asking a PhD friend to go out for dinner -
PhD : I can't go out to eat this week, so my answer is no. (exact words)
You can't go out to eat?! Can't go out to eat? Or Can't Eat? Or can't go out TO eat? Am I missing something here?
No. 5
Gosh, my brain is already filled with these completely irrelevant and useless things that I've promptly forgotten what the fifth WTF is.
Will post it up as soon as it comes back.
I. Not. Stupid.
Posted by Rachel at 5:58 AM
Labels: A Lifetime's Muses
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment