At This Point In Time....

I am going crazy.

Firstly, I have an Overview Essay about some stupid thing called 'Disability' that I am supposed to write about. And of course, being in UK and all, I have to write my reflections regarding this topic and I am almost swallowing my own bile as I type: . However, despite having done almost 2 years of clinical rotations, my knowledge of disability is still lacking in exposure and experience.

Puik.

Then next weekend is the retreat that I am going to and helping to organise.

And I have my 4th year medics musical coming up (yay!!) the weekend after. Running for 3 nights in a row, it is called Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Labcoat. Yeah. Very original. Thing is, we are having full run throughs the weekend of the retreat. And of course I am away. Which is not very good. So I will have to devise a way to get myself back to Edinburgh from Stirling at least on Sunday so that I do not miss both full rehearsals and to ensure I do not get cast to a corner when the actual play is on. And then it will be major major full dress ones on Mon-Wed night and the opening itself on the Thurs.

Come to think of it, every since I got back from Malaysia, things have been a bit hectic and crazy. Firstly, Colours of Malaysia where I had to practice every single night. For two weeks. Then rehearsals for the Medics Musical starts, 3 hours every single tooting Sunday. That's my Sunday gone. And with Colours of Malaysia practices and Medics Musical practices, my life evolves around dancing and singing (off key) and also just turning up in two places at one time.

When Colours of Malaysia ended, I was off to Manchester over Easter, for 3 days. And the next weekend, I was off to Barcelona for 5 days. In between still fitting in Medics Musical practices.

Of course, now that I am on my SSC rotation, aka 'research project' rotation, I am supposed to be very free. My foot. In from 9 am til 6 pm almost everyday. Watching platelets aggregate and pulling my hair out if the platelets misbehaves.

Almost as bad as last year when I was on the busiest and most-things-to-study rotation EVER, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Renal, Haematology, Breast Disease, Oncology, Palliative Care and I cannot even remember what else.
Off to work in Dublin for 3 days.
A trip down to London over the weekend was also fitted in.
And at the end of it all, I had to plan the Welcome Evening Play for PCCF. Which involved more organising, thinking, choreographing, cutting music, making videos and also contacting/begging people to get involve and turn up on time for practices.

Seriously. If someone ever asks you to be a character in a play, just blardy DO IT. Obviously they have thought through if you were capable or fit enough to be in that role. I hereby declare I am never begging anyone to do anything like that anymore. Unless it threatens my integrity/popularity/credibility/capability/beauty...
Wait.
That's like everything.
Life ain't fair.

And then again, if you know you'd be crap (like for example, you are very sure you CANNOT pull down your pants on stage while holding one leg in the air), please say very politely that you can't. If not, life is short. Just Do It.

Of course, my Obs & Gynae exams came up almost immediately, like the next day or something (that's pushing it I know, well truth be told, a week I reckon, but I don't care, it seemed that way) and I was suicidal with the amount of work I had to go through to scrape a pass.

Damn, I didn't get my 101% in the exam. No letter through the post to let me know that I am the top scorer this time around.

And of course, I have the random clubbing night outs be it on request or on impulse. Yes, if you'd like to experience a night of clubbing please feel free to contact me. Please ensure that you are responsible for your own actions and also your own entertainment. If you do not have fun, thats your problem.
Only good looking people allowed.

And no, I am not a alcoholic nor a clubber-olic so please do not get wrong ideas about me. I am really innocent and pure. And nice.

I am so busy I don't even have time to go on dates.

Or trim my mustache.

How sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U been keeping up great.Hang on there till its over wey.

Stefanie said...

lets go clubbing sis!been forever since i last went out,..im sure it'l be superb...and oh...your main theme song for da blog is smashing...that's my fav..lam fung..da song is lovely and he is sizzling hot!Ooo
chat tomoro...love always..
p/s are your platelets adorable babies?