Today is my birthday.
Well, NO. today is NOT the crappiest day of my life. Went for dim sum this morning with my friends and it was really good cos it was free for me. =) I have a friend over from Ireland and have been walking with him around Edinburgh the whole afternoon. Now, I am back in my flat, trying to study for my anatomy spot exam on Monday.
Wait.
yeah.
The crappiest day of my life was..
Yesterday.
29th September 2006
It all started a few weeks ago, when I was forced to go down to London by AMSA. So I booked my flight ticket for this all-important-meeting in London which was due to start at 9 pm on Friday and return on Sunday. I was to leave Edinburgh at 6.05pm, reach London Luton at 7.20 pm or roughly around those timings. Then I had to catch a 1 hour bus to the city centre and tube my way to Marble Arch and find the restaurant the meeting was supposed to be at. Well, technically, I'll reach there by 9 pm should all things go smoothly.
I had lectures from 2-4 pm. Skipped out at 3 pm, got home, and left my flat at 4 pm to catch the bus to the airport. It's 25 mins by bus. 1/2 way on, I looked out of the window and saw a guy holding something red. Hmm... what's that? oh, a passport... HOLY..
Spot on. I forgot my passport. In a flash, I was out of the bus, running down the street looking for a cab. My watch read 4.30 pm. I reached home at 4.45 pm grabbed my passport and hopped up the same cab to the airport. My watch read 5.10 pm when I finally got there. Check in desk closes at 5.25 pm. My taxi trip cost 22 pounds.
Thank God. There was still a short que at my check in desk. I've still got time. Righto. Checked in and I had to be at the departure gate at 5.35 pm. Raced upstairs - and faced another que - the security check point. No que could've been longer. No matter, I've still got 15 mins til 5.35 pm. Fidgeting... fidgeting...
Made it through pretty fast and the tv read that my flight was delayed. To 7 pm.
Right. No probs! I can study.
And right again, I forgot to bring my Anatomy Book. I can borrow one when I get to London I suppose. So I walked around, talked to myself and the flight got delayed again. Great! At this rate, I'm going to reach the restaurant at 11 pm.
What the... this is so pointless. I'll be missing this incredible meeting that my whole trip was focused on. All the telephone conversations about the one-of-a-kind meeting with the whole association, the deep and illuminating conversation we are suppose to have about the conference in HK...
I'll be missing a huge chunk of it. What rubbish. Then why am I going to London for anymore? I've got a exam on Monday. And I forgot to bring my book to study. Should I still go?
It's a 62 pounds ticket.
So I thought and thought. For about 1 hour. I watched the gates being open. I watched the crowd line up to board the plane. I see them boarding...
and I turn and walk out the exit.
Don't talk to me.
This is totally crap. I've spent about 100 pounds on a trip I didn't make
The Argueably Crappiest Day of My Life
Posted by Rachel at 12:30 AM
Labels: Life's Not Fair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Well, I did tell you not to go. Anyway, happy birthday! Cheers
Post a Comment