Ok, so...Neo insists that there is this fantastic waterfall awaiting us somewhere deep into Templer's Park. It is d 3rd waterfall says he. Hmm.....
This time, I was told to be well prepared. 'wear tracks/long trousers!' was Boon's dire warning. 'Leeches...'
Ok dokes. I'm scared! My dad even more than I as he is worried about cases of robbery in Templer's and its lengendary 'dirty' surroundings. Nvm, back to d problem at hand. I left all my tracks/sweat pants back in UK! Who would have thought that I will go jungle trekking when i came back? I figured that I'm actually too old for this stuff! My bones creak n groan, my lungs burn for air and my heart cannot take this stress.
Yeah Right. I'm just plain lazy to carry them back when I return in September.
So I searched and found a white pair of trousers that I'm sure I can wreck without it being missed from the cupboard. Long trousers, Shirt, extra change of clothes, 2 bottles of water and a towel into my one and only backpack that i thankfully brought back with me. If not, I believe I'll have to succumb to using plastic bags.
Another 2 hour ride to Templer's Park and we're off! Spreading liberal amount of insect repellant was a must! I don't want no pesky mosquitoes biting me!
Anyway.
We passed d first waterfall which led directly into this humoungous swimming pool that was for the public. It was under renovation but the so called 'waterfall' was really from a pipe. !!?!?!?! a PIPE! wat the.......
Upstream. Neo and Adrian kinda guessed their way and we hiked pass high-til-it-makes-u-dizzy cliffs and deep, dark gorges that really posted some kind of mortal peril. Wat rubbish! LOL
What actually happened was we walked on a well trodden path towards our destination and passed d 2nd waterfall which was 'unswimable' cos it went through really large rocks and had shallow water at its base.
The trees provided shelter from the sweltering heat and there were funny zig zag bridges built at certain points of the river. I loved it!
We hit Templer's Park Waterfall No.3 an hour from our start point. Rubbish littered the place,(naturally, its Malaysia!) but not beyond the waterline. The 3 guys popped off down the trail and turned their backs for Liwan and I to change to shorts.
A toe dip into the water confirmed that it was icy cold! And it GLITTERS. Really. Kind of like the time when we did Chemistry testing on er.. wats that... but it produces glittery golden stuff in d test tube? That's exactly how the water was. We had a splashing fun time and later had a ghost story telling time from Neo who had a rather 'horrorful' time there with the DJ scouts. Scouts have d best ghost stories ever!
And the best thing is, it was actually scary. We were d only people around and d forest seemed to beckon to us. Stories of orang bunian, langsuyurs and how some girl guide died ages ago and came back to haunt ppl made d jungle seem all d bigger. Sprinkled with personal stories from everyone magnified the atmosphere. All my bulu roma seriuosly naik, even in d cold water.
Lunch time atop a huge flat rock in d middle of the river and we saw this one guy taking a bath below us. NOT naked. =P
another splashtastic time and we prepare to go back down. This time, the 3 guys just turned their backs and 'took photos of the scenery' - giving us a chance to 'change'. And we did just that for them too. Maybe saw more than we bargained for.. ER..well, its a free for all world. grinz
We finished the day with having dessert - red bean ice! at Prince Cafe in SS2 where Neo sums it up - a lovely 'watery' time at Templer's!
This time, long live my crazy, adventurous friends.
Templer's Park Waterfall No.3
Posted by Rachel at 11:29 PM
Labels: Adventures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment